Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oops. I'm an idiot.

I have a calendar on my Blackberry that I use to keep track of important dates, and last week I noticed that -- holy crap -- a final head count on the rehearsal dinner was due on June 23, according to my calendar.

That seemed awful early for an Aug. 1 party, but I couldn't find my copy of the contract so I decided that the Blackberry and its loyal operator could not be wrong. Then I mailed out invitations with an RSVP date of June 21.

After an hour of extensive cleaning in my office tonight, I found the contract AND found that the actual head count due date was July 23. Woops.

I wasn't the only one making mistakes though involved with our wedding though. We've had a few trips to Glen Burnie this week that were the source of frustration.

First, on Monday, I stopped by MWTux to drop off measurements for some groomsmen. I was told something like this:

"Woops, nothing you requested was put into the computer. And the person you worked with is no longer here. So you have to do it all over."

At least they were nice. But it took about an extra 30 minutes so I didn't have time to make it down to Marley Station Mall to straighten out things at Kay Jewelers. Allie and I have gotten about 10 different answers over three conversations regarding when Allie will get her engagement ring back (it's being used to create the wedding band) and when we will get the band.

So today we went to the store, talked to manager and I think it will all work out. We also got Rita's afterward (bonus), but they were a little off their game in terms of flavor selection today. I settled for peach.

Also the Twins and O's both won tonight, so overall I call Tuesday a good day.

Now, I'm looking forward to the Iowa trip this weekend. As long as I can find a place to land. For those who aren't familiar with it, floods have battered the Cedar River Valley (where I'm going) this past week.





Complete Waterloo Courier coverage here.

Can't wait to see those of you who are going to be there for the party on Saturday. If you somehow didn't find out about it, here are the details:

4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday
Nate's parent's house
3904 Oak Park Circle
Waterloo, Iowa 50701

Fortunately the forecast is mostly sunny.

--Nate

No comments: