Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Biltmore sweet!


On Friday, Allie and I viewed the first hotel we are looking at for our guests, the Biltmore Suites, about 10 blocks from the reception site. Dougherty's Pub is also on the way.

I initially decided to check here because its the closest hotel to the site, but admit I was a little leery after reading some of the reviews here.

However, after checking it out we were very impressed. I think some people may have confused old with dirty. It has an awesome courtyard and with only 24 rooms, we are thinking of booking the whole thing for our party.

Still negotiating rates, but I'm hoping to make it happen for less than $100 a night. Also, many of the rooms have beds and futons if anyone wants to double up.

Let me know what you guys think. Click on the comments button.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks great! And, who would not want to have a totally private enclave for the McLeod-Sandstrom bash!

Only one detail -- must have the guests promise not to stop at the pub on the way to the wedding (this means Kim, Phil, Vicki, Jay, Pat, Ben, etc, etc...)

Jim Butts said...

Can I make bed fort in my room?

Nate and Allie said...

You can make two

Kim Arnold said...

pub on the way? SOLD. Dirty? ah, I can live with it ;-) I wonder if balimore is ore fun than Milwaukee with the fam and drinking...